The Japan Association for the 2025 World Exposition (hereinafter referred to as “the Association”) will host the “IPM 2023 Autumn / International Participants Meeting” (hereinafter referred to as “IPM”) on November 14 and 15.
This international meeting aims to provide various information regarding pavilion exhibitions to foreign governments and international organisations that have confirmed their participation in Expo 2025 Osaka, Kansai, Japan (hereinafter referred to as “the Expo”). This will be the first official two-day participants meeting for all exhibition types.
The Association will give a wide range of guidance and have various discussions regarding how to proceed with the preparation of the construction of the interiors and exteriors of the pavilions and the exhibitions, the preparation of the operation of the pavilions as well as planning of the virtual Expo. In addition, as participants’ preparations to set up pavilions are getting into full swing, individual consultation services will be available in various fields to help resolve issues.
The day after the meeting, excursions are planned to deepen the understanding of the Osaka and Kansai region and to provide an opportunity for interaction.
- Name of the meeting: IPM 2023 Autumn（International Participants Meeting）
- Date of the event: Tuesday, November 14 and Wednesday, November 15, 2023
- Venue: Osaka City
- Participants: Among Expo directors from foreign governments and international organisations to which the invitations to participate in the Expo were sent, those who have confirmed their participation, or those planning or considering to confirm their participation
- Expected number of participants: Around 160 foreign governments and international organisations
- Contents of the meeting (tentative)
▽Opening remarks (title pf honor omitted) ※Speakers are subject to change.
●JIMI Hanako, Minister for the World Expo 2025 (Video Message)
●TOKURA Masakazu、Chairperson (Senior Executive Board Member), Japan Association for the 2025 World Exposition (Video Message)
●Dimitri Kerkentzes, Secretary General of the Bureau International des Expositions (BIE)
●HANEDA Koji, Commissioner General of the 2025 World Exposition in Japan
▽ Main programs
○ Introduction of the Expo’s themes and thematic projects
○ Explanation of various guidelines regarding exhibition and interior construction development plans and application flow for each exhibition type, as well as venue and pavilion operations during the Expo period
○ Opening of a one-stop shop to provide various consultations related to the pavilion establishment and operation
○ Introduction of excursions in cooperation with local governments and groups in the Kansai region
Public Relations Department, Japan Association for the 2025 World Exposition