The Japan Association for the 2025 World Exposition (hereinafter referred to the Association), together with Osaka Prefecture and Osaka City, has produced the design of manhole cover with the official logo of Expo 2025 Osaka, Kansai, Japan (hereinafter referred to the Expo) and the Expo’s official character MYAKU-MYAKU. The covers will be installed at the 10 locations on sidewalks in Osaka City and be displayed at the main entrance hall of the Osaka City Hall and the main building of the Osaka Prefectural Government from December 5, 2022.
This initiative aims to build momentum for the Expo and the manhole cover was designed by the Association. Its installation and display were realized by the cooperation of Osaka Prefecture and Osaka City.
In cooperation with Osaka Prefecture and Osaka City, the Association continues to install the manhole covers in approximately 400 locations in Osaka City, including areas around train stations and busy sidewalks, before the Expo starts. The Association will expand the locations to other cities, towns, and village in Osaka Prefecture to further promote momentum building.
The dynamic design looks as if the official character, MYAKU-MYAKU, jumps out of a manhole cover. In addition, the central part of the design is the official logo.
■ Date of installation: Monday, December 5, 2022
(1) Near JR Osaka Station (near Umeda 1-chome, Kita-ku, Osaka City)
(2) Near the Osaka City Hall Main Building (near Nakanoshima 1-chome, Kita-ku, Osaka City)
(3) Near Nankai Namba Station (near Namba 5-chome, Chuo-ku, Osaka City)
(4) Near JR Tennoji Station (near Chausuyama-cho, Tennoji-ku, Osaka City)
(5) Near Osaka Metro Dome-mae Chiyozaki Station (near Chiyozaki 3-chome, Nishi-ku, Osaka City)
(6) Near the Osaka Castle Park area (near the Osaka Castle, Chuo-ku, Osaka City)
(7) Near the Osaka Prefectural Government Annex (near Otemae 3-chome, Chuo-ku, Osaka City)
(8) Near the Doshomachi Office of the Association (near Doshomachi 3-chome, Chuo-ku, Osaka City)
(9) Near the Osaka Prefectural Government Sakishima Building (near Nanko-Kita 1-chome, Suminoe-ku, Osaka City)
(10) Near Osaka Metro Tsurumi-ryokuchi Station (near Ryokuchi Park, Tsurumi-ku, Osaka City)
For more details of the location, please refer to
■ Exhibited from Monday, December 5, 2022 to Monday, October 13, 2025
・The Osaka City Hall Main Entrance Hall (1-3-20 Nakanoshima, Kita-ku, Osaka City)
・The Osaka City Sewerage Science Museum (1-2-53 Takami, Konohana-ku, Osaka City)
■ Scheduled to be permanently installed from Monday, December 5, 2022
・Near the main entrance on the 1st floor of the main building of the Osaka Prefectural Government (Otemae 2-chome, Chuo-ku, Osaka City)
・Lobby on the 1st floor of the administration building of the Eastern Osaka Basin Sewerage Office, the Osaka Prefectural Government (2-1-1 Kawamata, Higashi-Osaka City)
・Konoike Water Mirai Center Sewerage Fureai Plaza, the Osaka Prefectural Government (1-18 Kita-Konoike-cho, Higashiosaka City)
・Nagisa Water Mirai Center, Osaka Prefectural Government, 1st floor lobby (4-10-1 Nagisa Uchino, Hirakata City)
・Kawamata Skyland, Kawamata Water Mirai Center, the Osaka Prefectural Government (2-1-1 Kawamata, Higashiosaka City)
Public Relations Department, Japan Association for the 2025 World Exposition